Information security management system accordingly to ISO 27001:2013
A management system for information security aims to ensure the information that the organization handles from the aspects of confidentiality, accuracy and accessibility. It may, for example, be that information about your customer's latest prototype is not leaked to the nearest competitor or that you handle the personal data collected in accordance with current legislation. The standard uses a risk-based approach and ensures that risks are handled correctly and remedied.
The interest to certify information security management systems is growing as we experience continuous digitalisation in society. More and more information is communicated through the internet and we must have control so that malicious stakeholders do not take part in the information, that information is lost or stolen. The consequences can be fatal. ISO 27001 gives your organization a framework for working with information security and ensures that continuous improvements take place.
Advantages of a management system:
- Implementation of a systematized process-based approach to constantly improve your information security.
- Increases protection of sensitive information and information assets
- Risk-based approach with preventive measures reduces costs
- Ensures compliance with legislation and stakeholder requirements
- Advantage over competitors - an internationally recognized way of working